Monday, March 7, 2011

VERSUS to televise the Notre Dame Spring Game

The marriage between Comcast & NBC continues to grow as today it was announced that VERSU will televise the Notre Dame spring football game on April 16 and on March 17 will air 3 classic Notre Dame games from years past.

Time will tell how it plays out, but I think you could seen enhanced Notre Dame coverage on VERSUS, obviously Notre Dame football itself won't be shown on VERSUS, but I think you could see pre & post game coverage on VERSUS similar to what Comcast SportsNet Chicago does for their Bears postgame coverage.

I've written before that I don't agree with a possible rebrand of VERSUS to some sort of an NBC Sports Channel (I would like to see VERSUS rebrand into a national version of the regional Comcast SportsNet's), I do think that the writing is on the wall for an NBC Sports Channel and this move will happen, probably in late summer to coincide with the start of football.

No comments:

Post a Comment