Friday, October 21, 2011

Regional FSN's & FX may go dark on DirecTV

Another carriage dispute is on the horizon and this may effect DirecTV subscribers.  John Ourand of the Sports Business Daily has tweeted that the regional FSN's, FX, and Speed Channel along with other Fox owned & operated networks may go dark on DirecTV November 1 due to a carriage dispute.

This dispute would not impact the Fox owned & operated over-the-air stations and Fox News Channel, but the regional FSN's like FS Midwest, FS North, and FS Wisconsin and other Fox owned & operated cable networks are very much in danger of going dark on November 1.  However, other regional sports network's like Comcast SportsNet Chicago, YES Network, etc. are not impacted.

1 comment:

  1. The Fox sports Network are pretty big to be losing and the other channels that they are going to lose if the negotiations don’t go through are some big companies as well. I know I watch FX a lot and they have some pretty big series on right now, so to be a customer knowing you might lose it would be upsetting. Luckily for me I won’t have to worry since I have DISH Network as my provider/employer DISH Network. I will be able to watch my favorite shows with no worries.

    ReplyDelete