Saturday, October 29, 2011

Deadline looms for DirecTV and Fox

Tuesday's deadline for DirecTV's carriage of FX, Speed Channel, NatGeo, Fox Movie Channel and several regional sports network's looms with no deal in sight.

According to a report in this morning's Los Angeles Times, the two sides remain far apart on reaching a carriage agreement and that both sides are running propaganda ads as was evident during the FOX's coverage of the World Series.

I think in the end, both parties will reach an agreement and kiss and make up, especially with DirecTV being known as the sports leader in the industry.  Then again, Dish Network subscribers went through the same situation last year with the regional sports networks being dark for nearly a month and DirecTV subscribers went  through almost an entire NHL season 2 years ago when DirecTV and Comcast was locked in a heated carriage dispute.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what DIRECTV customers are going through because I went through t last year as a DISH Network customer and employee. I knew DISH was fighting to keep my prices low without losing my channels and luckily, DISH and FOX were able to come to a long term agreement. I won’t lose any of my channels or pay an arm and a leg for them for years to come and I’ve been recommending that people switch to DISH Network and not only will you save money, but you can also keep your favorite FOX channels.

    ReplyDelete